- Jayda Evans of the Seattle Times talks to Storm Head Coach Brian Agler about Camille Little re-signing with Seattle earlier this week and the rest of the team’s plans for free agency.
- While in town, Agler also dropped by the Northwest Sports Tonight studios to discuss the team’s offseason with host Chris Egan:
- Also see highlights from last week’s Sports Star of the Year Awards, including Karen Bryant being presented with the Executive of the Year honor.
- Super Bowl XLV in Dallas is just two days away and the Storm’s Swin Cash is one of three WNBA players (along with Marion Jones and Janel McCarville) featured in SI.com’s celebrity picks. If you can’t guess Cash’s choice, you don’t know the die-hard Steelers fan and Pittsburgh-area native very well.
- One BleacherReport.com contributor celebrated National Girls and Women in Sports Day with a list of the top 10 players in WNBA history, including Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson.
Bird may never be the MVP, but she’s been instrumental in making Lauren Jackson a three time MVP. She may not be the star of stars at the Olympics or the World Championships, but they keep asking her to come back to Team USA because she puts the star of stars in position to be so.
- A lot of activity involving former Storm players during the first week of free agency. Shyra Ely, returning after missing all of last season with a knee injury, signed with her hometown Indiana Fever. Ashley Walker is headed to training camp with the San Antonio Silver Stars. And Loree Moore, who was with the Storm in training camp last season before having to undergo knee surgery, is also going home to play for the Los Angeles Sparks. Keep up with all the action via WNBA.com’s Player Movement Central.