Believe it or not, it’s been five years since the night of Oct. 12, 2004, when the Seattle Storm defeated Connecticut 74-60 in front of a sellout crowd of 17,072 at KeyArena and hoisted the championship trophy. For anyone who was there, that night is an indelible memory. It remains – and always will – one of the favorite days of my life.
Here’s some of the content we’ve put together on stormbasketball.com to relive the experience of the championship:
- 10th Anniversary video (Part Four focuses on the championship season)
- Video of the final seconds and postgame celebration
- Audio of David Locke and Elise Woodward calling the last five minutes and postgame celebration
- Staff memories of the evening
- My column celebrating the 2004 Storm